Saturday, May 7, 2011

America has made me a terrible blogger

That and the fact my computer broke, my iPod broke, and this old desktop PC is not my number one choice of fast internet. 

Anyways, life has been busy. After Easter I began working in S.S. That stands for Secret Services...I mean, Support Services. It's been a long road. I'm still battling with my pride and trying to be a servant like Jesus, working with a smile and doing the best I can do no matter what I'm doing. I'm not perfect, and there have been days where I just feel like screaming at God asking him why the heck I have to do this. But do it is obviously what he wants me to do, so I keep working. 

It's been difficult finding my place back at Hume however. I left England with a pretty good sense of who I am, and got back to Hume and obviously forgot it. My friends were all younger than me but since we went to school together it didn't matter. Now I'm not in school, I'm working, and I don't feel connected to that part of who I was anymore.And that just makes me so sad because I absolutely love these Hume kids and the incredible blessing they are to me. Now that I work with my friends who are all older than me, it's been a rough road to walk because how far do you go as friends and how far can you go as co-workers. Balancing it all out has been tough, and I had a breakdown one day when all I wanted was to be back in my castle with the incredible human beings who shaped me into what I'm becoming. I wouldn't trade the friends I made in England for anything, and I miss them absolutely every day. 

So now life continues. Figuring out who I am where I am, who I will be as I go on, and how much of who I was will affect my future. I still don't have everything together, I'm constantly asking God what he's doing because I don't understand, and he continues to show me through people who love me the wisdom of holding your head up high and to keep on walking, even when the road is steep and there's no end in sight. 

Summer is coming and I can't wait to see what God does in the lives of the kids he's going to bring to this incredible place this summer. Until then, we keep walking. And cleaning lots of toilets. Lots of them. 


1 comment:

  1. Katie Mac, my dear and darling girl. It is such a pleasure to read your life on this beautifully royal purple page. You are an eloquent princess who misses her castle, but just think, what we are really all longing for is an even bigger and better castle where there really is a King and really are crowns of glory too! Until then, we shall be ladies-in-waiting and keep holding our heads high. Keep writing my dear, it's fun to be a part of your life even if it's only digitally!
    <3

    ReplyDelete