Monday, May 30, 2011

Sunshine and Snow and Rain and Sunshine and Snow and Rain and....

The weather is going crazy. And with it so am I. 
These past few weeks have been so much fun, and I've really been having a good time. Getting back into reading my bible, falling in love with Jesus again, falling in love with this camp again, falling in love with life again. Work has been fantastic, and even though I love the Meadow, I've gotten an opportunity to meet lots of new people and be friends with not just one specific group of people. It's  been stretching me but I love it. This is going to be an incredible summer and I can't wait to see what God's going to do in these kids lives. I am on Wagon Train crew this summer, working with another Joshua student named Sarah. I get a fake-name, which I have no idea what it'll be, but I'm working on it. I will never repeat what my name was when I worked the Train when I was 11...let's just say it was a bad idea and I am haunted by it now. :) 

At Wagon Train we get the awesome opportunity not just to clean in one of the camps, but we are blessed to actually be apart of camp, getting to know the campers in more of a dynamic way than other cleaning crews. One summer staffer in WT had the incredible opportunity to lead a little girl to Christ. I can't wait to see what He uses me for up there in all that dirt. It's going to be awesome.

Little Summer Staffers are arriving and with that comes the "I own this camp" entitlement they all feel. But they've got nothing on 11 years of growing up here, which I will remind them of ;) 

I miss England so much it hurts sometimes and when new summer staff ask what I've done and I tell them about England, the memories come flooding back and I miss it even more. I can't wait for the opportunity to go back, or at least see one dear Capernwray friend who blessed my time there. I miss them more than I can say. 

I'm excited for what the future holds, and I can't wait until I have more exciting things to share with you, because I know there will be in time ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment